Username:
Password:
Remember Me   
Forgot your password?
Request a new one here.
Thu. August 16, 2018 @
Navigation
 Main
 Community  Members  Downloads
 Entertainment  Support  Legal
Event Calendar

Summer

  August 2018  

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  
Legend

Normal Day:
Event Day:
Today:

No Events
Subscriptions
Newsletter

Site Members Only

Classified Ads


0 Classified Ads


Version 5.02
Site User Pages

New Site User Pages

gjsttt
outlaw
FreedomIOPList
Gargon
Webmaster


Most Visited Pages

Gargon[421]
Webmaster[326]
outlaw[120]
FreedomIOPList[105]
gjsttt[61]
Latest Articles
· PHP-Fusion Multiple ...
· PHP-Fusion ver7.02.07
· MySQL/DB Functions
View Thread
 Print Thread
Newsletters v5.00
Webmaster
Hello everyone. If you downloaded Newsletters v5.00 before today there is an update for you to download to bring it up to speed. The old public subscriptions function had 2 possibilities; on or off. The new feature I have added gives one more choice called Manual. When set to manual the site admin may add public (non-member) users by entering their first and last name plus their email address. When a name is added manually you just have to click Activate under the Subscriptions function.
Edited by Webmaster on October 23, 2013
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
FreedomIOPList
I downloaded and installed the newest version of the Newsletters Infusion from your ModsDB and I am wondering if there is any way to allow the user to register to the Newsletter via their profile? It would be neat if there were a user field to allow the user to select a checkbox to register to the Newsletter on registration or at any time when editing their profile. If not, what's the possibility of something like this being created and released? I'm not quite sure how to go about it or I would attempt to create it myself.
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
Webmaster

Quote

FreedomIOPList wrote:
I downloaded and installed the newest version of the Newsletters Infusion from your ModsDB and I am wondering if there is any way to allow the user to register to the Newsletter via their profile? It would be neat if there were a user field to allow the user to select a checkbox to register to the Newsletter on registration or at any time when editing their profile. If not, what's the possibility of something like this being created and released? I'm not quite sure how to go about it or I would attempt to create it myself.


It probably wouldn't be too hard to add a profile userfield for newsletter subscriptions at registration time. I'll consider it.
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
FreedomIOPList

Quote

Webmaster wrote:

Quote

FreedomIOPList wrote:
I downloaded and installed the newest version of the Newsletters Infusion from your ModsDB and I am wondering if there is any way to allow the user to register to the Newsletter via their profile? It would be neat if there were a user field to allow the user to select a checkbox to register to the Newsletter on registration or at any time when editing their profile. If not, what's the possibility of something like this being created and released? I'm not quite sure how to go about it or I would attempt to create it myself.


It probably wouldn't be too hard to add a profile userfield for newsletter subscriptions at registration time. I'll consider it.


Very nice, would love to see it!
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
I have another suggestion for the Newsletters Infusion. Could a button or link be added in a future version to Activate/Deactivate all Newsletter Subscribers? I just realized I have like 50 Subscribers waiting for activation! It takes a lot of time activating each one individually.

 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
I found an issue while using the Newsletter Infusion that's really annoying. I personally like to preview my Newsletters several times before sending them and I created a template that matches my site to use. I load the template and then start creating the Newsletter. I preview the Newsletter and everything works fine, I edit some more and when I preview the second time there's just a number 1 there and the Template reverts back to Pre-Build Template 1. I have to load my template again and LOSE everything I've written. Can this please be fixed soon? I've retyped the same Newsletter text about 5 times now due to this.

 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
Webmaster
That's one of the great features of my infusion; to be able to preview interim changes to your newsletter until you get it right before sending. Please zip up and send me your new template and I'll see if I can find the problem. Don't forget to include any images for it.
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
FreedomIOPList

Quote

Webmaster wrote:
That's one of the great features of my infusion; to be able to preview interim changes to your newsletter until you get it right before sending. Please zip up and send me your new template and I'll see if I can find the problem. Don't forget to include any images for it.


I will get the template zipped and sent to you.
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
Another issue is this, how do I send the newsletter to both Site Members and Guests without sending it twice? Generally, when I send a newsletter I want to send it to everyone, guests, admins and members. Could this possibly be a feature added in a new version.

Also, it would be cool if members could upload Newsletter templates here to WhisperWillow for others to download and use. It simply doesn't have enough templates and I don't have the patience to create new ones. Too bad templates for other Newsletter software on the internet won't work. :(
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
I found a couple of nice templates I'd like to use. They are ones I found on the internet. They are HTML templates with CSS, PSD and JPG files. I am going to zip the included files and included is a link to them. Please let me know if there's any way they can be used? If so, can you please explain how?

Here's the link to the file on my server for you to download: http://www.freedomioplist.com/Newslet...mplate.zip

Something went haywire when I used the URL BBCode (above) but the url is http://www.freedomioplist.com/NewsletterTemplate.zip
Edited by FreedomIOPList on March 09, 2018
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
I also just noticed it is not just custom templates with the issue, it's ALL of them. If I click Preview Template and edit some more, I lost ALL my content, have to load the template again and then Preview and have to do the same each and every time.
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList
Is there some way I can Activate all Unactivated Newsletter subscribers without doing each individually? I just realized I have hundreds of subscribers and did not know they had to be manually activated! Activating each one manually will be a hassle.

 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
Webmaster
Individual activate/de-activate is the way that portion of the infusion code was written by Paul Beuk (muscapaul) in his Open Newsletter infusion. I borrowed his coding to add to my Newsletters infusion. Although his website still exists 'http://www.muscapaul.com', he is no longer active in the php-fusion community. When I have some free time I will re-visit that script to see if the feature for multiple activate/de-activate can be added.
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
Webmaster
I'm getting old and tired however; I managed to put the old brain in 'digital overtime' and have accomplished the feature update. Subscription Activate Deactivate and Delete are now multiple select checkboxes. Simply replace the attached files.
Edited by Webmaster on June 11, 2018
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
FreedomIOPList

Quote

Webmaster wrote:

I'm getting old and tired however; I managed to put the old brain in 'digital overtime' and have accomplished the feature update. Subscription Activate Deactivate and Delete are now multiple select checkboxes. Simply replace the attached files.


Ohhhh, thank you soooo soo much!
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
FreedomIOPList

Quote

Webmaster wrote:

I'm getting old and tired however; I managed to put the old brain in 'digital overtime' and have accomplished the feature update. Subscription Activate Deactivate and Delete are now multiple select checkboxes. Simply replace the attached files.


What is the classified_ads_panel folder inside this .zip for?
 
http://www.phpfusionprojectportal.tk
Webmaster

Quote

What is the classified_ads_panel folder inside this .zip for?


Updates attachment has been corrected.
 
http://www.fortworthbonsai.org
Jump to Forum:
Login

Please Login Above
User Log
· Guests On: 9
· Members On: 0


Last Seen Members

Webmaster Webmaster
Joined
08/14/08
07:16:43
aznetcowboy aznetcowboy
Joined
07/22/15
1 day Offline
Gargon Gargon
Joined
02/19/09
3 days Offline
afoster afoster
Joined
01/23/09
1 week Offline
Ingolstadt Ingolstadt
Joined
02/08/10
1 week Offline
Harlekin Harlekin
Joined
01/21/13
1 week Offline
outlaw outlaw
Joined
07/10/18
1 week Offline
gjsttt gjsttt
Joined
07/15/18
4 weeks Offline

  More Users 
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

 Gargon
Since 02/19/2009
On August 02, 2018 00:34
OK... new shoutbox stuff huh? Kool !!

 Webmaster
Since 08/14/2008
On August 01, 2018 11:44
Hey hey I think I have it Fred !!!

 Webmaster
Since 08/14/2008
On August 01, 2018 11:29
Sure will Fred !!

 afoster
Since 01/23/2009
On August 01, 2018 11:15
OK, I see what you are talking about and yes...the online/offline icons are not needed. Can you send me the "finished" product when you are done?

 afoster
Since 01/23/2009
On August 01, 2018 10:51
Let me know what oddities you are talking about. If there are any code issues, I am sure you fill find and fix them.

 Webmaster
Since 08/14/2008
On August 01, 2018 10:13
Yeah thanks Fred! Still tinkering with it to clear up some oddities that it has though. !crazy!

 afoster
Since 01/23/2009
On August 01, 2018 10:01
I see you have installed the new shoutbox. Glad you got it working the way you wanted it to.

Metalic by GFXpixel :: Mods by Grimloch11,637,147 unique visits